Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Do your family and friends look at you funny?

They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.  I think it must be true.  The first time I remember a friend looking at me funny was about 15 years ago. We were in a fabric store and on the counter was a little bowl with the most precious tiny lace appliques that would be perfect for my project.  At 10¢ a piece I was in Heaven!  At first I just got the, what is she doing stare and then the have you lost your mind look!  But that's OK!

Since I started making jewelry, they have all become used to me searching for lost treasures. Be it a single earring, a bit of chain, a butterfly wing or something broken, it might be just the perfect thing!  Now they are interested in helping find that unique item too.

We all have our treasures, some harder to explain than others.

Have you had this happen to you?  
What was the treasure?

I would love to hear your story.

2 comments:

  1. Omygosh...you wouldn't believe some of the stares I get especially in the tool/hardware section of the thrift stores. The guys assume I'm just passing through the aisle but when I stop and start rummaging through every last item they just look shocked and maybe even a little annoyed that a girl is in their way!

    Your jewelry is beautiful Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment-They say birds of a feather stick together-so I guess that is what we will have to do and ignore the strange looks.
      Linda

      Delete