Translate

Friday, May 1, 2015

Dream Class with Rosy Revolver

I recently had the privilege of taking  a great class taught by Jessica Jordan a.k.a. Rosy Revolver.  I have admired her work for quite a while now and have wanted to take one of her classes but they have always been too far away.

I started following Jessica on social media was surprised to find that she lives only 2 1/1 hours away and has started teaching classes in her studio in Fuquay Varina.  Wonderful for me!  She has both studio time and scheduled classes available.  I signed up for her "Stone on Stone" class which involved creating a bezel ring from silver. Working with silver is new to me but am very excited to start learning.

The class was suppose to have four students but lucky for me there were only two of us.  Her studio is wonderful-everything beautifully organized in just the right spot with lots of "eye-candy inspiration" everywhere.

Just one view-plenty of light-space and tools
Jessica was very patient, knowledgeable and so willing to share not only her skill but her supply sources.  I  know I seemed a little over the top with my note pad and jotting down everything for later review.

Jessica demonstrating torch use

Demonstrating how to ball silver for our rings


The class was packed with technique and demonstrations-sawing, bezel making, drilling stones and soldering just to name a few.  I learned a lot of new skills that I hope to put to use soon and came home ready to place an order for silver and few new tools.

My bezels before setting stones and making the ring

Finished ring


I love my new ring and will return I'm sure in the near future for another class!

No comments:

Post a Comment