Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013

Scavenging-

What can you make with on old copper refrigerator coil and a glass leaf?

A necklace....

My husband had saved a piece of old refrigerator coil.  It was dirty, black/green and looked the worst for wear!   After a little cleaning I hammered it into a arched pendant holder for a glass leaf and made a necklace. 

This is where the glass leaf came from....

On one of my thrift store excursions, I found a lovely glass flower comprised of glass petals and leaves wired together.  At a price of only $5.00, it needed to go home with me.  The leaf was perfect for a pendant!
I love scavenging, don't you?

9 comments:

  1. What a great find. That leaf is perfect for the hammered copper...love the silk. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia. I love the glass leaves and used them in a necklace that will be published in the next issue of Jewelry Affaire magazine.
      Linda

      Delete
    2. I do love scavenging and you did this up so nicely. Love everything about it. Congrats on being published again, how fun.

      Delete
  2. excellent use of old materials.. I love how snarky yellow the flower petals are b4 you cleaned up them.. lol love old stuff, sometimes they need alittle love

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this necklace ida! especially how you did the wrap with the silk and wire, beautiful colors! don't u love recycling, it reminds me of a scavenger hunt when i was a kid! aloha, angi in hana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I do love the hunt for unique items to recycle.
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Amazing - would love to have you follow me back - http://valleerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete