Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Published!

Remember this?

It is the glass flower that I found for $5.00.  You can see more about it in my post Scavenging.

I used three of the leaves and added a mix of vintage MOP buttons, bone beads, and Czech glass beads wire wrapped to a brass chain to complete a necklace.  It is one of my favorites and I think it makes quite the statement piece.

I submitted it to Jewelry Affaire magazine for publication consideration and was very excited when I was notified that it was going to be published.

Before printing I was emailed the proof to be sure it was right and that corrections were made if needed...and I got a big surprise!  It looked so good...had they sent the wrong picture?...for a minute I didn't even recognize it as mine! I mean it had been a while since I had seen it and it just looked too good to be mine!  But then I  saw the glass leaf  and thought WOW!  I did pretty good.  Their magazine and photography is the best!

I couldn't not be happier!


                                                                            
If you haven't submitted jewelry for publication-try it-it isn't as hard or as intimidating as I once thought.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is a gorgeous piece and so belongs in a magazine!! Congratulations! What a thrill and validation of your beautiful work!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol for your sweet comments.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete