Translate

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Charm Bracelet Started It All!
 
How My Journey Began
 
 
It was 2008 and there I was just minding my own business browsing through the latest jewelry magazine and then WHAM on the back cover was the most beautiful charm bracelet featured in an ad by Fire Mountain Gems.  It had soldered glass charms, pearls and was calling me. 
 
I have always enjoyed making things and have tried most every kind of handwork in the past.  My philosophy has been that I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to.  Liking the bracelet so much, I knew I had to learn to solder and try to make one.  I took a class at Ornamentea in Raleigh to learn the proper soldering technique, went home and played around with resizing pictures
and this is what I made.
 

The next step in the journey came as I was reading Artful Blogging magazine in late 2010 and came across a beautiful article by Diane Cook of rosa-josie's blog. I found that I had a natural affinity for her jewelry and the vintage heirloom feel she created.  I started reading her blog and came across a reference to classes in Houston, Texas at Adorn Me 2011.  This was all foreign to me, but with a push from two of my daughter-in-laws, I decided to go.  When I say this was a big step for me-I'm not exaggerating.  It seemed frivolous and a little out there to do but I signed up. March 2011 found me in Houston just to take two of Diane's classes.

Rhinestones & Rosaries Class


Etched & Layered Cuff Class
 
 
This was the beginning...follow your heart and dreams and you will find your passion!
 
What started you on your way to finding your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment