Translate

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Last Saturday's Excursion

Checking out a venue

I'm new at doing shows and so far, have only participated in outside shows.  Several friends were doing a show in nearby New Bern, so I wanted to check it out as a possibitily for next year.


Saturday found my daughter-in-law, my youngest grandson and me on a little trip to New Bern Convention Center.


The venue was lovely, right on the water with a beautiful view.
Inside there were lots of artists, classes, demonstrations, and activities for children.
(Vendors had help unloading their wares, furnished skirted tables, volunteers to relieve them
and best of all-tempeature controlled setting!)
Pamela Holiday with her beautiful pottery
Beautiful Paintings
Activities for children
Barbara Bell with her beautiful felted hats
Nan Gilbert of Beads in My Bonnet
Sue Lawrence of ELEMENTS  Artful Accents for Your Style
Classes

After the art show there was still time for a stroll down the beautiful streets of historic New Bern.




Views of the bears painted for New Bern's 300th Anniversary Celebration.



Some impromptu street musicians



And lunch at a quaint little restaurant



I think this show is for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment