Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chalk Painting Class

I recently took a chalk painting class with 4 friends.  We each took a small piece of furniture to practice on.

Melina, Sue and Denise (our teacher) discussing technique
Sue had quite the find with her $5 yard sale find.  She painted the body
with graphite color paint and decided to leave the legs natural wood
My sister, Judy looks happy with her finished piece.
She plans to use the stool in her spare bedroom.
This is me-I am always drawn to bold colors.  This table was known as the "telephone table" when we were growing up.  It had a prominent place in my grandmother's dining room and had the telephone on top. It will now have its own place in an extra bedroom. I wish I had remembered to take a before picture.
After we painted our furniture with Annie Sloan paint, we had to be patient while it dried.  The next step was to wax and buff our pieces.

This is my finished table-I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment