Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Eggs in the Mail!

Don't you just love to get a special treat in the mail?  

I was trying to think of something unique I could send my grandchildren for Easter.  For me the internet has become a treasure trove of wonderful ideas right at my fingertips.  So after a short search I found Making Memories...One Fun Thing After Another blog and Erin had the perfect idea.

Plastic Easter eggs filled with treats and sent through the mail.  Yes, that's right you can mail them without packing them in a box.  WOW! how special is that.  This is something fun that I would love to receive.  Wouldn't you?

What you need:
  • Plastic eggs-big ones, not the usual ones that you hide.  (I found mine at Dollar General)
  • Easter grass to give the feeling of an Easter basket
  • Small treats-wrapped candy, stickers, gum etc.-pack light and it doesn't take much to fill one
Be sure to tape around the middle of the egg so it won't fall open.  Make an address label and take to the Post Office.  It cost $2.24 to mail each one-they were mailed as a small parcel.

Wonder who these are going to...
I wish I could see their faces when they receive them in the mail!

I'm already thinking up something else to mail-this was so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea and so fun that you don't have to put them in a box to mail them. I hope your family will take pictures when your grandchildren receive them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun for me. I plan to go after Easter when the eggs are on sale and pick up more eggs-I want to send more next year. I hope to see pictures too.
      Linda

      Delete